The First Aid at Work Course has been designed for first responders who provide initial care to casualties suffering injury or illness at work, and incorporates the vital skills necessary to assess and manage the ill or injured casualty in the initial phase.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment, including contents of a first aid box
- Understand the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Maintain simple factual records on what they have done with regard to any treatment or management of an emergency
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures