First Aid at Work Refresher Course (2 day)
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification that is due to expire.
- A First Aider can renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date.
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can re-qualify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied.
IMPORTANT: As soon as the certificate expires, a First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. It is therefore important to arrange First Aid at Work Requalification before they expire.
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Heart attacks
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Eye injuries
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains